Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baselworld 2018 watches

I have heard of two new watches this year:-
    yellow gold daytona with a ceramic bezel and a platinum divers watch.
    Has anybody heard anything else?

My AD has heard nothing, or else is just being tight lipped about it. IMHO anything else is heresy and Nintendo.

Comment

I was talking to one AD & he said he has it on good authority (as they all do😜) that the D-Blue (James Cameron) will be discontinued. Let’s wait and see I guess.

Comment

Bin the fat Submariner 40mm and replace it with something closer to the old 16610 case and lug profile.

Plus introduce a nice triple calendar - I don't even care if you call it a Cellini...............

Comment

Aside from new watches, I'd like to see a looser policy on parts. Why can't I order a jubilee bracelet if I want one, if they make one that fits, as for the Daytona C?

Comment

Philipp Stahl On RPR normally has some good leads but hasn’t added much this year , lots of rumours the White Gold GMT has been culled , Like they did to the SD4k .

Comment

Leading on from the imminent death of the WG GMT if it is true what have they up there sleeve for us , They finished the SD4K and brought us the 43mm 50th SeaDweller perfection.

Only my opinion and my wish would be some nicer cased Subs similar to the 126600 profile with the newer movement

Comment

I was surprised that Rolex even made a WG GMT. Just didn't seem to fit. And a PT Sub? I can't picture people paying 50K-75K for that. Anyway, I'm pretty much priced out of the market now. I've traded just about everything I don't want. I have a few stragglers but they aren't worth much at this point. My 9 Rolexes are the core of my collection and I am quite satisfied with them.

Comment

New sub with new case and movement ? could this explain lack of Subs in AD's.

New movement in other watches, GMT, DJ 36 ?

Comment

I've heard a rumour that Rolex will retire some models. One is the SS Submariner green dial 116610LV (aka The Hulk).
                    Also the James Cameron Deep Sea Dweller and the Black dial Deep Sea Dweller are about to be discontinued along with the Milgauss green glass.
                    With these rumours do I hear a stampede in the distance....?
                    Last edited by grumpycamel; 14th February 2018, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Probably. There are always folks who will buy something they don't really want in hope of making a profit on it. If someone doesn't really want to own the item, and it is scarce, let those who DO want it get it. Invest in stocks, bonds, etc. The whole concept of flipping disgusts me because it is more than "capitalism" it is unbridled greed and avarice.

Comment

Originally posted by grumpycamel View Post
                        I've heard a rumour that Rolex will retire some models.

One is the SS Submariner green dial 116610LV (aka The Hulk). Hmmm. I never really liked the case shape enough to buy one........

Also the James Cameron Deep Sea Dweller and the Black dial Deep Sea Dweller are about to be discontinued Good - these were pretty ugly beasts to begin with.

along with the Milgauss green glass. Hmmm. I have recently considered getting a no-date 3-hander, Like the latest AirKing or the Milgauss. Shame if this one goes.

With these rumours do I hear a stampede in the distance....?

Comment

Originally posted by Rodentman View Post
                          Probably. There are always folks who will buy something they don't really want in hope of making a profit on it. If someone doesn't really want to own the item, and it is scarce, let those who DO want it get it. Invest in stocks, bonds, etc. The whole concept of flipping disgusts me because it is more than "capitalism" it is unbridled greed and avarice.
                          The merry go round will start again after Basel, with people trying to get a watch they want but unable to get It.

Comment

Yes, you are right, and it's just a part of the business that I don't appreciate. I realize, as in many cases, that I hold the minority view...

Comment

Originally posted by Rodentman View Post
                              Yes, you are right, and it's just a part of the business that I don't appreciate. I realize, as in many cases, that I hold the minority view...
                              Please let it not be true that truthful, straight talking from a decent human is being in the minority.

Comment

Working...
                              X