I'm no Rolex fanboy...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm no Rolex fanboy...

But I'm very happy to have completed a trilogy of divers yesterday, having been on the hunt for a nice classic Sea-Dweller for months now. (I previously spent about a year looking for a tritium dial, landed a near perfect example a while back, and ended up giving it to Bea as a consequence of her eternal nagging.)

Anyway, as is customary I thought I'd share some pics

1981 5513 (Mk IV maxi dial, with Mk III fat font insert fitted)

2005 Sea Dweller 16600

2017 Submariner 116610LV

Very happy to have found a good example of the SD, albeit a luminova dial. Remarkable that there are probably as many differences as similarities across the three, too, considering they're all just basic divers from the same stable.

There are a couple of others I'd like to complete the Rolex set (e.g. a Zenith or ceramic Daytona, and a really nice 16750 GMT), but I can't afford them right now thanks to this bloody house refurb!
    Last edited by learningtofly; 3rd March 2018, 11:44 AM.

All great looking watches, Tony - and superb pics too, natch!

Comment

• learningtofly
      learningtofly commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks mate

Very nice Tony - 3 is the magic number for o e brand and they are crackers for sure. I’ve been missing of late but I need to looks up your site and see how many you have now

Comment

A splendid addition!

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Thanks all. Funnily enough, I've just been made aware of a Zenith Daytona that's available at a reasonable price. That's awkward.

Comment

Originally posted by learningtofly View Post
            Thanks all. Funnily enough, I've just been made aware of a Zenith Daytona that's available at a reasonable price. That's awkward.
            white dial or black..? i think if black I wouldn't be able to resist

Comment

I have been looking for a full set white 16520 but they seem to start at £18k, I keep looking as I can' stomach the price. Maybe I am just tight!.

Comment

Originally posted by Broxi View Post
                Very nice Tony - 3 is the magic number for o e brand and they are crackers for sure. I’ve been missing of late but I need to looks up your site and see how many you have now
                If you are talking about his building site, I think he's up to 0.75 houses at the moment...........

Comment

Working...
              X