How old is your Rolex?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How old is your Rolex?

That is to say, how long ago did you buy your first one?
    Less than 1 year
    0%
    1-5 Years
    0%
    5-10 Years
    0%
    10-15 Years
    22.22%
    15-20 Years
    33.33%
    Over 20 Years
    44.44%

I bought mine just over 15 years ago I think. Still looks new.

A lot of if sentimental value - something I can never sell even though it doesn’t get that much wrist time

Comment

I bought my first one 22 years ago. I was 20 years old and had to have a seadweller. I wish I still had it!

Comment

First one was I think when I was 22ish and if I remember correctly my old man came with me and part paid towards it- from Blowers in Hull. A TT Submariner - which got traded in against my 16808- full gold submariner a few years later- That I still have and it will be one of the last to go.

Comment

TT black Sub which I bought new in 1992 when I graduated from Uni.
          It's my go-to watch and most of the time makes me wonder why I have any others...

Comment

I was in college in 1970 and my PT job boss was going to Switzerland and wanted a GMT badly. He got it, and asked me if I wanted a Rolex. I gave him $100 and he brought me a OP 34mm blue dial, IIRC. It was $120 + $6 doody, I believe. I traded it in 1976 for a firearm which I still have.

My oldest Rolex I still have is a 16600 SD from 2005.

Comment

My first Rolex purchase was 27/3/1993 so it will be 25 yrs in a few weeks and I still have it

Comment

Explorer bought new in 2000, waited 9 months for It. Still have It but not sure If I'll wear It again.

Comment

My first Rolex was a 36mm Explorer bought new in 2000. I thought it would be my only watch but it’s long gone, traded for something else.

Comment

TT Blue Sub bought new from Goldsmiths in 2005 I was 33.
                    sold it in 2011 (to a friend) regretted it so bought it back, still have it but rarely wear it.

Comment

It was a 16700 GMT with black bezel insert and I think I paid about £1500 for it preowned mint............little did I know then it would be the first of many!

Comment

Datejust in '86, TT Sub in '02, GMT in '05--still have the last two; son has the first one

Comment

GMTII Coke purchased 2002.

Comment

About 15 years ago - an OP Date.

A slippery path!

Comment

....,Purchased new from Cottrill’s Of Bramhall. List price was £2350 and I managed to haggle and get it for £2200.I still have it and wear it in rotation.

Comment

Working...
                              X