Rolex Basel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex Basel

What time does Rolex update there site , So we get to see exactly what is released this year ?

It will be the morning of 22nd, from memory around 10am GMT. However, there is a teaser on their site this morning showing a Jubilee bracelet with Professional clasp so that may be harking back to the GMT when it was available with either a Jubilee or Oysterlock bracelet.

Comment

Apologies, I mean the morning of 21st.

Comment

Looking forward to this.

Comment

Im waiting with bated breath.....

Comment

Whatever they reveal it will be out of my ability to pay now. I'll have to suffer with the ones I have. I will gladly do so. Still, I am quite curious to see the direction(s) they take...especially in the rumored "allocation" of sport models when they can easily make as many as they want to.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodentman View Post
              Whatever they reveal it will be out of my ability to pay now. I'll have to suffer with the ones I have. I will gladly do so. Still, I am quite curious to see the direction(s) they take...especially in the rumored "allocation" of sport models when they can easily make as many as they want to.
              I agree with you Rodentman. I hate it when manufacturers purposefully restrict supply to drive up the prices. In Rolex case, they take it to a whole new level.

Comment

But Rolex aren't driving up the prices Rolex will get, just feeding the grey market frenzy. If folks want Daytona C's just make them. Surely they can. Some people won't buy them if they are plentiful because they buy what they think they can sell on later for a profit whether they LIKE the watch or not. I don't understand it and never will. And I am not caught up in the type. I have what I want irrespective of what they may be worth later on. Frankly I am rather soured on the whole marketing scheme here.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodentman View Post
                  And I am not caught up in the hype. I have what I want irrespective of what they may be worth later on. Frankly I am rather soured on the whole marketing scheme here.
                  I agree with you there Rodentman.

Comment

Very much the same as Porsche with their GT cars. However, the dealers will only sell them to people who have generally bought 10+ Porsches so you can't even go on a waiting list and then they appear for sale through private ads and used car dealers, often at £70-£100,000+ above list price.

Comment

It is interesting to go back not that long ago to when I bought my GMT2 brand new (OK, it was in 1995), I seem to remember it came on a Jubilee bracelet but the jeweller swapped it for an Oyster bracelet.

Things were different then!

Comment

In my area a Porsche dealer had two GT3RS for $100,000 above MSRP when i went in to pick up few parts. Bunch of low lifes

Comment

I'm not a car aficionado but I wouldn't pay a premium over MSRP. I know a lot of folks do so, but unmitigated greed is very distasteful to me. Yeah I know supply and demand and market price,,,,but it's not my way.

Comment

I agree with you Rodentman. With Rolex going that way, I'm feeling that I am rapidly going off them. My friends go blah, blah...market demand, blah, blah as well. In my world, the one that holds the wallet is king!

Comment

Working...
                            X