New Deepsea vs Original Deepsea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Deepsea vs Original Deepsea

Now the Deepsea has been redesigned, does that mean only the old D-Blue would be regarded as the “James Cameron” model?

I would say so, but I'm sure we'll see many re-sellers who'll use the JC label in their sales ads.

Comment

Some will say the original is now discontinued and therefore worth a premium. Maybe it is. I have the original on a Rubber B strap which I prefer to the bracelet. I don't expect to see a side by side with the new version anytime soon, but I doubt I'll be looking to trade "up" to the new version. I don't see the lug redesign as an enhancement to a watch that remains that large.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodentman View Post
        Some will say the original is now discontinued and therefore worth a premium. Maybe it is. I have the original on a Rubber B strap which I prefer to the bracelet. I don't expect to see a side by side with the new version anytime soon, but I doubt I'll be looking to trade "up" to the new version. I don't see the lug redesign as an enhancement to a watch that remains that large.
        I must admit that I wasn't convinced by the D-Blue dial when it first came out, but the more I see it (and I've seen it a lot since the current Basel release) the more I like it. Cool watch, Bob...

Comment

I owned a standard G serial back in 2011 from new, (20% discount!!) and flipped it after 9 months because I couldn’t get on with the weight as a daily wearer, I’ve been eating 3 shredded wheat daily since and have recently been looking at the deep sea all over again. The Blue dial is great in the flesh and I’m sure the bracelet improvement will help with the balance when on the wrist.
          Also looking to see the new t/t gmt as despite the gibes here and elsewhere, I think I’m going to like it and it could be on the 2018 buy list. Problem is I can only get one so hopefully I can get to handle them both in the same store and make a decision.
          “Waiting list” who said that 🙄

Comment

I got one of the original black dial Deep Seas, with the intention of keeping it, but it was just so big and uncomfortable, I ended up getting rid of it. I honestly thought Rolex would cease production of this one.

I'm very happy with the SD4K. Also very happy with the redesigned 40mm GMT2 Pepsi. Only another 10 years before I get one, no doubt.............

Comment

I for one love wearing my Deep Sea, black dial. I wouldnt mind upgrading to the new model, my two oldest kids will be out of college soon so my watch collection fund will be green again. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by JasT View Post
                I for one love wearing my Deep Sea, black dial. I wouldnt mind upgrading to the new model, my two oldest kids will be out of college soon so my watch collection fund will be green again. :-)
                LOL! I'm about 13 years behind (give or take) - don't want to wish my life away so I'll wait...

Comment

Wearing mine on the fine Rubber B strap, the bracelet is a non issue. The greatest improvement over the old version is the new movement, but there are millions of 3135's that run quite well + or- 2. Mine is roughly that good. I am not one to antagonize about the stinking rehaut font nor get exaggerated about the nuisances of the dial change. There are folks with their level one diagnostics and full molecular scans....Geez.

Comment

Did love my old Deep Sea. A beast of a watch

Comment

I nearly sold my DSB a few months back as I wasn’t wearing it. Gave it another go and it now gets a lot of wrist time. It’s big and has presence but I really like it.

Comment

I love wearing it during warm months, when i get back home from my trip it will be the first watch i pull out of the bank safe box. Lol

Comment

Working...
                        X