Mistakes...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mistakes...

How many if any watches would you say you regret buying?

I’ve got only one - Dunhill Facet series. It’s a very well made watch but it never gets worn.

Every Breitling I ever bought

Comment

I bought a couple of datejusts about 12 years ago, luckily I bought them used and I got shot of them quickly without losing any money. I think they would appeal when I am much older.

Comment

Maybe a 5513 , I was hungover and brought it. Mostly because I convinced my brother into buying an Omega Apollo 35th, it was the best of the three watches bought that morning which he still has and it worth probably three times what he paid for it.
        I cannot really think of anything else I regret buying, even Breitlings, and Tag's 😁😁

Comment

Fortunately not - unlike Ayjay, I have never had a "mistakes drawer".
          (For the benefit of newer members, Ayjay was a former Admin of the site.)
          I have always been very careful about buying my watches - which also fits with my personality and other purchases in general.

[Edit - I was using the search function on the old TURF site to find the post about Ayjay's "mistake drawer", and found out that he mentioned it in a post of yours, John, from 2004!]

Comment

Having joined TURF relatively late and missed the early days it looks like a rabbit hole I could get lost in for weeks trawling through stuff!!

Comment

Originally posted by cakey View Post
              Having joined TURF relatively late and missed the early days it looks like a rabbit hole I could get lost in for weeks trawling through stuff!!
              Yeah, I've been doing that a bit lately. Lots of memories there for me!

Without wishing to sound an old fuddy-duddy (!), when I joined TURF in 2002, to be on an on-line forum was to be on the cutting edge of social media - in fact, the term social media wasn't even in common use.
              There were far fewer sites around, and with a larger worldwide membership, Threads would almost be like a real-time conversation.
              For example, when I'd come on-line in the morning, the Far East and Australia were already active, with mainland Europe also, and then round about lunchtime East Coast USA TURFers would come on-line, followed by West Coast.

Comment

Yes I remember the good ole days. They were, were they not?

Comment

I have made many errors in both buying and selling.

Comment

Originally posted by harb View Post

[Edit - I was using the search function on the old TURF site to find the post about Ayjay's "mistake drawer", and found out that he mentioned it in a post of yours, John, from 2004!]
                    Don’t remember that! The watch in the photo is long gone.

Comment

Ive been given a couple that I wish they hadn't...*shudder*

Comment

I would love to have Ayjay’s “mistake drawer”

Comment

For me it was a GP chronograph that never got much wrist time. It’s on forsale thru a consignment with a local watch dealer.

Comment

Working...
                          X