No announcement yet.

Mistakes...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rolex DSSD. But someone else with bigger wrists took it off my hands, so all good!

Comment

I'd have to say my RG Breguet Type XX--although it's a very good looking watch I just never bonded with it for some reason. I wanted a RG chrono with a white dial and always liked the RG Type XXI, but didn't need another dark dial so thought the Type XX white dial might be just the thing. Maybe because it's a little smaller than my preference at 39.5 mm or that I had to spend a) almost $300 on a new ABP strap and b) over $1000 to have it serviced about 6 months after I bought it, it never brought me much joy. To add insult to injury, as previously posted here I've also not been able to sell/trade it for anywhere near what I paid for it (not even counting the additional $1k investment in service), so now I can say it was clearly a mistake and I'm punishing it by not wearing it anymore which I realize just makes it more of a mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by red herring View Post
        ...it's a very good looking watch...
        ...I'm punishing it by not wearing it anymore ...
        You're punishing yourself, Marek!
        Wear it for a few weeks straight and leave your others during this time - I can bet that the size issue will vanish with constant wear and I'm sure you'll see again what attracted you to it in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by bfltd0 View Post
          Rolex DSSD. But someone else with bigger wrists took it off my hands, so all good!
          A mugger!?

Comment

Originally posted by harb View Post

You're punishing yourself, Marek!
            Wear it for a few weeks straight and leave your others during this time - I can bet that the size issue will vanish with constant wear and I'm sure you'll see again what attracted you to it in the first place.
            At this point I just want rid of it--the problem is more that I determined pretty quickly that it really wasn't what I wanted from the get-go; I really wanted a white dial Type XXI, which doesn't exist. Now I'm certain if I wear it I'll just bash it up and never be able to unload it. I guess it is pretty nice, though, isn't it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	wa-ml breguet7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	315.8 KB
ID:	264333

Comment

Now I'm certain if I wear it I'll just bash it up and never be able to unload it.
              From the way you describe it, Marek, I think that particular bridge has sailed

And yes, it is bloody nice - it's an RG Breguet, for goodness sake!

Just wear the damn thing and stick up a shot that isn't a "library picture"....

Comment

Originally posted by harb View Post

Just wear the damn thing and stick up a shot that isn't a "library picture"....
                If I have to...

Click image for larger version

Name:	wa-ml breguet9.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	502.8 KB
ID:	264393

Comment

If I have to...
                  LOL! Now that's a fine looking watch...

Comment

Err..... this! Bought online, by mistake, today. What an expensive way to make a bad day worse! Currently feeling rather sick!

Here's the description if anyone's interested drop me a PM.

Rolex. A 10K gold automatic chronometer wristwatch.
                    Model: Oyster Perpetual - 'Bubble Back'.
                    Reference: 6015.
                    Date: 1948 (681308).
                    Movement: Automatic, rotor, numbered 'No.99257' and '70323'.
                    Dial: White, applied gold Arabic numerals, outer seconds scale, sword hands, blued centre seconds hand.
                    Case: Gold, fixed minute scale bezel, screw down bubble back, Oyster crown.
                    Strap: Later black leather, gilt pin buckle.
                    Size: 32mm.

Comment

Originally posted by scooba View Post
                      Every Breitling I ever bought
                      Buy a nice old Navi 806 (seriously)...

Comment

Originally posted by learningtofly View Post

Buy a nice old Navi 806 (seriously)...

I bought something a little similar today, as well as the Rolex. I bought a vintage Sicura Chrono Computer. Apparently, it's a beast of a watch that gives the DSSD a run for its money in terms of heft.

Comment

That does look quite beast-like

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	img_1723.jpg Views:	1 Size:	198.2 KB ID:	264447
                            Originally posted by learningtofly View Post
                            That does look quite beast-like
                            Probably make a nice addition to your collection.
                            Somebody else's wrist shot.
                            Apparently, it's 47mm x 45mm/
                            Last edited by ChrisEdu; 15th May 2018, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisEdu View Post
                              Err..... this! Bought online, by mistake, today. What an expensive way to make a bad day worse! Currently feeling rather sick!

Here's the description if anyone's interested drop me a PM.

Rolex. A 10K gold automatic chronometer wristwatch.
                              Model: Oyster Perpetual - 'Bubble Back'.
                              Reference: 6015.
                              Date: 1948 (681308).
                              Movement: Automatic, rotor, numbered 'No.99257' and '70323'.
                              Dial: White, applied gold Arabic numerals, outer seconds scale, sword hands, blued centre seconds hand.
                              Case: Gold, fixed minute scale bezel, screw down bubble back, Oyster crown.
                              Strap: Later black leather, gilt pin buckle.
                              Size: 32mm.
                              How did you buy it by mistake? If from a dealer can you return it?

Comment

Originally posted by simon_e View Post

How did you buy it by mistake? If from a dealer can you return it?
                                From an auction - the hammer went down and the auctioneer was saying their thing when I happened to click on the button whilst moving my computer mouse across the screen.

Comment

Working...
                                X