New Seiko!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Seiko!

i picked up this gem last month and have only had the chance to wear a few times. It’s getting a lot of justified attention on other forums not least because of its stunning enamel dial and I thought it about time I share some pics and thoughts.
    The Seiko Presage Blue Moon in a LE If 1500 pieces produced to celebrate the Ancient Japanese tradition of moon Watching during the harvest fesital (Otsukimi). The blue Grande Feu dial offers various hues of blue reminiscent of the night sky with the counterweight of the second hand showing a glistening golden crescent moon.
    the claimed water resistance defies the crown which is not screw in and whilst a minor issue it is a little large for my liking. The 6R15D movement gives around a 50hr power reserve and is showcased via the display case back. Case size is 40.5 which in truth my second and last minor issue - it would be truly fantastic at 39.
    more details can be found here https://shop.hodinkee.com/blogs/jour...imited-edition but for now here are some pics

Outstanding watch. I think 40.5mm sits right at home on your wrist..

Comment

Sharp dial, and a nice strap as well.

Comment

Very nice, the blue dial is a stunner.

Comment

That dial must be mesmerising in real life.
          Congrats!

Comment

Working...
          X