No announcement yet.

Do you like the cyclops on new SD 43mm?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you like the cyclops on new SD 43mm?

just because Rolex figured how to put a cyclops on the deep dive watch, i think it’s a mistake.. For 50 years a clean crystal was a distinguishing feature of the SeaDweller
    Yes
    64.29%
    No
    35.71%

I don't mind the cyclops, but I understand why you think It was a mistake.

Comment

I have an SD 16600 from 2005 and that is my style of SD. Well, I did get the DSSD Blue but frankly it was the dial that turned me. I never really got excited about the SD4k or the newest SD. I don't speculate on how long a model will be made. I have a SubC as well, so I consider my Sub/SD bases covered.

Comment

One of the things I have always disliked about previous generations of the SD was the fact that the date window looked small in proportion to the rest of the watch.

In fact, here's what I said about 10 years ago...http://www.newturfers.com/bin/mwf/to...=and#pid550497

Comment

Just picked up the SD43 a few days ago............even though I have had the earlier SDs without the cyclops, I don't see the addition of one this time as a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by strafer_kid View Post
            Just picked up the SD43 a few days ago............even though I have had the earlier SDs without the cyclops, I don't see the addition of one this time as a problem.
            Pretty much feel the same as this...

Comment

I was always on the fence with the SD, with one exception...the Double Red. However now that the modern SD has a little red I was hooked when I saw it in the flesh, I'm wearing it as I type.

Comment

Maybe Rolex should imbed the cyclops into the crystal as Panerai does. If Panerai can do it so can Rolex! You get the magnification with no bump on the surface of the crystal. Very nice.

Comment

I preferred it without as it distinguished the SD from the rest of the crowd. It was also a cleaner look.

However, as Harb says, it was much more difficult to read the date.

Comment

Working...
                  X