What’s your next buy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What’s your next buy?

I’ll be turning 50 in 2 1/2 years (this is the only place I feel comfortable saying that) and I want something nice.

Im thinking JLC master compressor geographic at the moment. Possibly world extreme chrono.

These watches are great pieces that are very “reasonable” considering the quality.

So, unless I snap up a bargain, it’ll possibly be one of those

What are are you guys planning next?

I miss my everyday Sub, waiting to see what Rolex does with the update.

Comment

A JLC would be a great addition. To be honest I was done but take my wife’s 2 out the box and I have 2 empty slots so I have a bit of an itch going on. I have my name down on a Basel 18 CK2998 Pulsometer and hope to get that in July. I already own the blue CK but Panda dials are as good as money in the bank and I like it a lot so that is the plan.

Comment

Probably my son's "graduation watch" in about 10 years' time!

The only watch that I would really want would be a JLC Reverso of some sort. The thing is, I've been saying that for 15 years, so if I really wanted it I'd have had one already.
        So the true answer is I don't foresee buying another watch.

Unless it's an YG Sub...

Comment

I've finally got my hands n a Vintage IWC Ingy 666, which I'm taking delivery of this coming week; it's from 1960 (so a birth year), and it's a beauty. The only other thing that will be arriving is a mid-90's white gold Daytona, currently at the tale end of a service from Rolex. If I do buy it, which is very likely, I'll be selling my 16520 (quite probably to a member on here who has already expressed an interest). In fact, the 16520 has just been serviced too, and arrives back with my next week.
          Last edited by learningtofly; 22nd April 2018, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by harb View Post
            Probably my son's "graduation watch" in about 10 years' time!

The only watch that I would really want would be a JLC Reverso of some sort. The thing is, I've been saying that for 15 years, so if I really wanted it I'd have had one already.
            So the true answer is I don't foresee buying another watch.

Unless it's an YG Sub...
            Have you tried on any Reversos, harb? They're lovely things and I could see you wearing the Tribute to 1931. It's quietly elegant, not unlike your good self

Comment

Originally posted by learningtofly View Post

Have you tried on any Reversos, harb? They're lovely things and I could see you wearing the Tribute to 1931. It's quietly elegant, not unlike your good self
              Aww, thanks!
              Yes, I have tried many different versions over the years including the Squadra when I thought I'd prefer something more sportif.
              I realised that I prefer the more classical shaped case and, for me, the Reverso is quite possibly one of the most elegant watch designs ever.

But, like I said, if I wanted one that badly, I'd have already had one by now.
              I cut back my collection a few years ago and practically wear my TT Sub 24/7. TBH, I have literally no interest in buying another watch at present and, who knows, for the foreseeable future, too.

Unless it's a YG Sub...

Comment

always wanted something with a power reserve indicator so something like a jaeger lecoultre reserve de marche but with a darker dial colour.

Comment

In the absence of any steel Rolex in the Uk AD's it might be time to start to delve into the world of Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by silkroaded View Post
                    In the absence of any steel Rolex in the Uk AD's it might be time to start to delve into the world of Vintage
                    Now that's a whole different kettle of worms!
                    Luckily for you, there are some serious vintage experts here.

Comment

Prob going to bite the bullet and pay over the odds for a SS white ceramic Daytona via a grey dealer

Comment

I've been told I'm not allowed to buy anything! Having bought rather a lot recently, my focus has to be on selling. Shame, as I'm rather liking pocket watches currently; they're much easier to read and seem somewhat more gentlemanly. Currently, I have three, a rolled gold Waltham from about 1989, a silver Waltham from about 1895, and a silver Mappin half-hunter from the early C20th.

Comment

So I think my next purchase will be the IWC Pallweber stainless. It is due in this month.

Waiting to get the call on a SD43, a Skydweller, a GMT Pepsi - but who knows when?

Comment

Don't even have to think about it--YG white panda dial Daytona on strap, but need to get rid of the damn Breguet Type XX first.

Comment

Too late for next buy- ended up being a Unimatic U1-DW yesterday.
                              I have been looking at them for a couple months as something a little different and finally gave in.

This and another incoming have reinvigorated my interest in watches that had gone off the boil of late

Comment

Working...
                              X