Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I fancied a change

Comment

As usual my photo posting skills are a 1 out of 10 so calling . . . . . harb! Calling harb!

[You rang....? I've fixed your photos! h ]

i really like this. Ordered a rubber b from the US and it arrived in 3 days.

Comment

No, no, no, no, no!

Buts that' just my opinion and it means nothing!
        Glad you like it. On the bracelet I think it looks perfect.

Comment

I had my Daytona on a Rubber B and I noticed one of the springbars had come loose from its hole. I put the bracelet back on.

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Looks fantastic on the rubber b!

Comment

Originally posted by simon_e View Post
                No, no, no, no, no!

Buts that' just my opinion and it means nothing!
                Glad you like it. On the bracelet I think it looks perfect.
                Hi Simon, I get that’s its marmite to some and I will go back on bracelet in time. However I’m really enjoying the look at the moment so will probably keep for the summer.

cheers all Stephen

Comment

Here is my watch on the Rubber B leather "racing strap." I rather like it, but once the springbar came detached I got PO'd. Risk losing it? No thanks. Perhaps I pulled too tight on it to put it into a closer hole (it was the model with the buckle as I didn't want to use the Rolex clasp.) But it's back on the bracelet and since it doesn't get worn too often I am not worried about wear and tear on the PCL's.

I am not knocking the strap, truly, but for my purposes and rotation I took the strap off.

ALSO, I am a tad bent about Rubber B. I asked about a strap for my new Air King and they told me to buy the strap for the GMT II, which I did. They sent me nice photos of it etc....I took it to the AD for fitting and the AD said it would not fit. I pressed them to keep trying and they had to bend one (why just one???) springbar. It seemed to hold ok but I think I was more bent than the springbar about it. NOW they are offering a strap just for the Air King. I won't spend for another one, so that is back on the Oyster as well.

BTW Everest used to sell a clasp that replaced the old "tin can" style on the old 5 digit pieces. It was $62. It was built like the current clasp but not with the glidelock features. I bought one for my 16600. They no longer sell them. Maybe Rolex got after them. Somewhere I have photos. I shall look. Anyway here is the Daytona with the leather strap.

Comment

Hmmm...I honestly don't know, Stephen - sometimes I think "yup", and other times "yuck" Well, ok, not totally yuck!
                    But like Simon said, that's just my opinion. But I can't even decide which opinion to have!

I think Bob's black dial works slightly better - perhaps you should get a white Rubber B....?!

Comment

I think black rubber would go better with the yellow or rose gold Daytona.

Comment

Like these

Comment

looks pretty good!

Comment

Originally posted by harb View Post
                            Hmmm...I honestly don't know, Stephen - sometimes I think "yup", and other times "yuck" Well, ok, not totally yuck!
                            But like Simon said, that's just my opinion. But I can't even decide which opinion to have!

I think Bob's black dial works slightly better - perhaps you should get a white Rubber B....?!
                            I knew it would be a bit marmitey harb, but that’s whats good about this hobby - we all like different things. It will go back on bracelet in time, but for a few months I’ll try it out. I’ve got my skydweller as my alternative summer watch.

i did consider the white rubber b but looking at images on the interweb, just don’t think I would look right. Have to say though, very impressed with speed, efficiency and qualit\y of rubber b.

Comment

Personally I wouldn't wear a white strap nor white shoes!

Comment

Working...
                              X