2x Daytonas in my Local AD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2x Daytonas in my Local AD

For the first time i can remember my local AD in Cheltenham have 2 of the older style SS Daytonas in the window. One has been serviced the other not! It will be interesting to see how long they stay there at £14k and £13k respectively.
    944SE

Sounds like about twice the MSRP, roughly. I don't get such pricing, I really don't.

Comment

Is that the 116520 or the 16520?

Comment

They have to be 116520's you are unlikely to find a dealer in the UK selling a 16520 for £13k or £14k

Comment

If 944se had said they were 16520s, I would have been in the car like a shot!

Comment

You and me both 😁

Comment

I suspect you might have the faster car - but depends where you are coming from!

Comment

If there was two, I am not greedy - one each lol

Comment

M&J watches have a 16520 for around £14k, looks a nice example.

Comment

Originally posted by bobdog View Post
                    M&J watches have a 16520 for around £14k, looks a nice example.
                    I thought it looked nice, then thought it was maybe to cheap and started overthinking , Is this the one with the later replacement bracelet with SEL

Comment

Originally posted by scooba View Post

I thought it looked nice, then thought it was maybe to cheap and started overthinking , Is this the one with the later replacement bracelet with SEL
                      I believe it is, if I am not mistaken I think this was Tony’s. I have just bought a full set 16523 zenith and that has SEL’s, not a big fan of TT’s but it looks stunning.

Comment

16523s seem a bargain at the moment. I saw a full set for £8k three weeks ago from a private seller. I also saw a nice full set 16528 on full length gold bracelet for £17k which I thought was good compared to 16520's

Comment

Originally posted by simon_e View Post
                          16523s seem a bargain at the moment. I saw a full set for £8k three weeks ago from a private seller. I also saw a nice full set 16528 on full length gold bracelet for £17k which I thought was good compared to 16520's
                          Yep, when you compare them to 16520’s they certainly are, paid 9k for mine and it’s a beauty, still has the sticker on the case back, came with everything including original receipt from 1997 for £5350. Mine is the white dial jobby and as nice as they are it’s the only one I would have, not too keen on the others but that’s a personal thing.

Comment

Both still there, both with black dial. I'm told they are 116...
                            944SE

Comment

Originally posted by bobdog View Post

I believe it is, if I am not mistaken I think this was Tony’s. I have just bought a full set 16523 zenith and that has SEL’s, not a big fan of TT’s but it looks stunning.
                              No, I still have mine (and it’s on the earlier bracelet).

Comment

Working...
                              X