• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just tried on the Basel watches

I tried on the new Basel releases today
    this was my favourite

this was very nice.

this was stunning but the end links are weird

2 links fill the end link space so other oyster bracelets won't fit.
    Thankyou Rolex for the lovely day, great food, drinks and goody bag! 😁

Here were all the watches that Rolex brought

My wife wants the white gold with the butterflies on the dial. It looked really stunning.

Comment

really like the look of the steel with jubilee

Was this at your AD or the Rolex UK event that was taking place in Westminster this evening?

Comment

It was an event held by Rolex and Robert Gatward(Rolex AD) at Windsor horse show. It was a lovely day, they had a private box for us, from 11am until 6pm. A lovely day out meeting other collectors.

Comment

Yes they are nice but nothing that I truly lust for.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodentman View Post
            Yes they are nice but nothing that I truly lust for.
            I didn't lust for the everose GMT until I saw it. I would have ordered one today but I am in the middle of buying another company.

Comment

Looks good on you !

Comment

The RG gmt is a stunner. I think I just found my next watch purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by simon_e View Post
                  I would have ordered one today but I am in the middle of buying another company.
                  LOL @ the #humblebrag

Sounds like a nice day out, Simon, and they all look great. I'd say that Rolex have definitely regained their mojo!

As for the SS GMT, I'm sure an enterprising company may soon be making custom endlinks to work with a Oyster.

Comment

Originally posted by simon_e View Post
                    I didn't lust for the everose GMT until I saw it. I would have ordered one today but I am in the middle of buying another company.
                    But how are you going to wear that on your wrist!?

Comment

I went to the Rolex event on the same day that was organised by the Arum group (WoS/M&W/Goldsmiths). Didn’t realise other AD’s were running events on the same day. Got to try on the Pepsi GMT amongst other watches. My personal favourite was the WG Daytona with grey panda dial, understated & stunning.

I was was invited to the Rolex black tie dinner the night before but couldn’t make it. I understand from what I’ve seen on Pistonheads that they had a number of steel sports watches for sale at the dinner. Darn.

Comment

Originally posted by xelor View Post
                        I went to the Rolex event on the same day that was organised by the Arum group (WoS/M&W/Goldsmiths). Didn’t realise other AD’s were running events on the same day. Got to try on the Pepsi GMT amongst other watches. My personal favourite was the WG Daytona with grey panda dial, understated & stunning.

I was was invited to the Rolex black tie dinner the night before but couldn’t make it. I understand from what I’ve seen on Pistonheads that they had a number of steel sports watches for sale at the dinner. Darn.
                        I saw that, just sub dates/ hulk/non date etc though. Nothing I couldn' get at retail the same day. I would have hoped for a raffle with the winner given the chance to buy a SS daytona at retail.

I have another Rolex event soon, we are being taken to a very nice restaurant. I have hopes of watches being available there.

Comment

The GMT's are looking good, hoping for a Pepsi but I wont be holding my breath. I've been trying to get Ceramic Daytona since they came out but I don't think I'm even close to getting one.

Thank's for pics.

Comment

I had a hands on with these pieces at a Goldsmiths event in Sheffield last night...
                            i loved all of the GMT pieces for different reasons,

I loved the SS on jubilee the bracelet, seemed very light and almost made the piece seem weighted like a 16710
                            i was surprised how much I liked to TT Model... although I’d have like to have seen it with a jubliee too - reminiscent of the original root beer

Comment

Working...
                            X