Not happy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not happy

Not happy at all. Just noticed my Sub has a chip in the crystal just shy of 11:00. How the h-e-double hockey sticks can this happen without my knowledge? I don't baby my watches--particularly not the Rolexes--but I don't go around mindlessly whacking them into things either. I just think I would've been aware of an impact sufficient enough to knock a chunk out out of a sapphire crystal.

How common is this? Click image for larger version

Name:	sub nick.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	666.3 KB
ID:	264615

I take it the chip is the linear mark on the crystal? It's funny because I didn't see that immediately as I was looking at the edge of the crystal which is where sapphire can often be chipped.
    However, I've never seen a chunk taken out of the main flat part of the crystal!

Are you sure my wife was nowhere nearby, as Rolex crystals are not safe when she's about...?!

Comment

That must have hit something sharp to take that out. Big diamond ring ? Hopefully you can get it replaced resonablre

Comment

Strange!

Comment

Probably caught a glancing blow from a ring, I always make sure my watch is on the opposite side of any rings that she might be wearing.

Comment

Originally posted by harb View Post
            I take it the chip is the linear mark on the crystal?
            That's it--a fairly linear nick that's deeper in the center. It's due for a service fairly soon, but though I have my watches serviced by my "watch guy" and not the factories, the crystal will still have to come from the mothership so I'm sure the chip is not the only gouging I'll endure.

Comment

Originally posted by red herring View Post
              ...the crystal will still have to come from the mothership so I'm sure the chip is not the only gouging I'll endure.
              Stoical, phlegmatic humour - I like your style

Comment

Shame - I saw some Rolex crystals at auction the other day that sold for what I'm sure was an absolute bargain price.

Comment

Stoical, phlegmatic humour - I like your style
                  I'm rarely short of phlegm during allergy season (i.e., now).

Comment

I suppose you could look on the slightly less dark side and take the view that at least the crystal didn't shatter!

Comment

I take it the chip is the linear mark on the crystal? It's funny because I didn't see that immediately as I was looking at the edge of the crystal which is where sapphire can often be chipped.
                      However, I've never seen a chunk taken out of the main flat part of the crystal!

Are you sure my wife was nowhere nearby, as Rolex crystals are not safe when she's about...?!
                      Whenever I’m walking next to my wife I always worry she will smack het bracelet or something on my watch, couple of close calls but been lucky so far. :-)

Comment

To avoid the bracelet thing i have started making my wife walk behind me 3 or 4 paces back, but now she is walking in front, i dont think she understood the instructions

Comment

Working...
                        X