Sicura slide rule

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sicura slide rule

My monster watch arrived today. Considering its age, it's in very good condition with, with a quick glance, just a scratch on the crystal near the 6 hour, and a little degradation on the hour hand.

It came on a bracelet, but it was a tad small for me to wear, so I popped on the NATO just for a change.

What year is it?

Comment

Last time I checked, AD2018.The watch though is circa 1970s.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisEdu View Post
        Sounds like you’re feeling better after your surgery

I like the 70s style.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
          What year is it?
          Groan! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
            Sounds like you’re feeling better after your surgery

I like the 70s style.
            That was prior to surgery. I didn't actually get to theatre until about 16:00.

I walked out of the hospital in disgust though when they came to see me about being discharged. The staff looking after me during the night felt that I should stay in for a few days to investigate an acute abdominal pain, check my mental state as I had self-harmed, and because there isn't going to be any adult supervision whilst my wifeis away.

The doctor that I saw could see nothing else other than the orthopaedic perspective and hence said I should be discharged regardless of any other issues. Ultimately, I just felt so thoroughly agitated that I just walked a
            out, leaving my wife behind waiting for any discharge stuff. So much for safeguarding. 😠

Comment

That was prior to surgery. I didn't actually get to theatre until about 16:00.

I walked out of the hospital in disgust though when they came to see me about being discharged. The staff looking after me during the night felt that I should stay in for a few days to investigate an acute abdominal pain, check my mental state as I had self-harmed, and because there isn't going to be any adult supervision whilst my wifeis away.

The doctor that I saw could see nothing else other than the orthopaedic perspective and hence said I should be discharged regardless of any other issues. Ultimately, I just felt so thoroughly agitated that I just walked a
              out, leaving my wife behind waiting for any discharge stuff. So much for safeguarding. 😠
              Report them to CQC Chris. State what you were told. Ultimately the NHS is under great pressures and they want to minimise costs as much as possible.
              This at the same time as the NHS senior management receive bonuses larger than ever and far larger increases than AFC.

Don't get me started lol.

Comment

I completely understand that they are under pressure to clear beds and get people home, let alone the evidence for quicker recovery at home.

However, when a patient is already in hospital, following surgery, and is clearly in distress due to pain both physical and emotional, surely there's a need to remove the blinkers and look at the patient as a whole?

The fact that I was clearly upset and had already hurt myself, which had led to a discussion with a nurse / sister who felt seeing the mental health team and staying in longer would be beneficial, should surely be a red flag. Let's just hope that I get through the next few days without issue, otherwise there could be some awkward questions to answer

Comment

I am so sorry to hear of your troubles. My son's wife has been awaiting back surgery for almost a year now but they keep finding some excuse, paperwork or otherwise. Then we get the various insurance companies fighting over it all. Such a shame, regardless of what health care system we have.

Comment

Hope you’re feeling better, mate.

Comment

Abdominal pain has finally reduced, which makes a big difference. My GP has prescribed oxycodone tablets rather than liquid. I prefer this as the liquid tastes disgusting and the pills modified release.
                      ​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                      X