Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Richemont bought back stock from jewellers to stop it being sold at knockdown prices

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richemont bought back stock from jewellers to stop it being sold at knockdown prices

https://www.theguardian.com/business...buyback-policy

Crazy!

Comment

What’s it like typing with one hand?

they disassemble and reuse/recycle the parts.

I guess that they save their “luxury brand image” to consumers but obviously take a hit. I imagine many watch enthusiasts would see it as sacrilegious.

Comment

True or not, The Guardian (at least the US version) is nothing but a fountain of left-wing garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodentman View Post
          ...The Guardian (at least the US version) is nothing but a fountain of left-wing garbage.
          Which keeps it true to the original UK version's ethos.
          I sometimes read it for light relief.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
            What’s it like typing with one hand?

I believe Chris has had lots of experience using the internet one handed

Comment

i'm guessing that's £400m at retail value?

Comment

Following Richemont’s purchase of Watchfinder, perhaps we will see the next £400m of unsaleable, second-rate euro-brand stock sold through the discount store rather than scrapped...

Comment

Originally posted by HaywoodMilton View Post
                  Following Richemont’s purchase of Watchfinder, perhaps we will see the next £400m of unsaleable, second-rate euro-brand stock sold through the discount store rather than scrapped...
                  Have you ever been called a cynic!?

Comment

At least they can take the watches back and make the components useful again. And reduce their balance sheet at the same time...........

Comment

Working...
                    X