Is it time to sell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it time to sell

i have over the years aquired,collected,obsessively bought, a number of rolex and other watches, however despite my best intentions of rotating them on my wrist i would now need to add days to the month to work through them all. And again over the years i regularly wear probably 3 over all others. A gmt 11 (which i change out the bezel colours if i want a change ) a jlc reverso which comes a close second and a vintage oyster which i wear infrequently.
    I have been thinking should i sell my other sports models as they have appreciated quite well, and get some new stock to keep the spark going or would i be better off, (in both senses ) keeping them and letting them appreciate in value ?.

I have some which i have not worn in over 3 years and i am ashamed to say a couple i have never worn.

Personally I’d not keep a watch that I never wore unless it was either 1. Intended for one of my one of my children in the future or 2. I’d bought it purely as an investment - I’ve,never bought for that reason myself.

Wathces are for wearing and enjoying to me and if they aren’t treated that way I’d sell up and buy something you will wear.

What are the watches out of interest?

Comment

Rolex are GMT 11 stainless,TT sub black face, yachtmaster full size platt bezel, two datejusts one tt one stainless, 4 vintage oyster from late 1950’s ( trying to get a watch as near to my birthday as I can ) one bubbleback, 3 omegas (one seamaster late 60’s chrono, one seamaster 90’s one dynamic chrono ) several vintage Hamiltons two IWC , 1 gruen, 3 lionidas chronos, (one is good two is better 3 even better still). 2 longines 2 GPeregaeux the list goes on

as you can see eclectic if nothing else, I am considering selling sub and YM and getting somethings i will wear. Mabye upgrade my reverso to a slightly bigger size, I want to get the spark back and enjoy changing out my watch on a weekly basis .

Comment

Sell the ones you don't wear...

Comment

So thats all but 1 then😀

my head says sell

my heart says “ but they are my babies and they love me how can i do this to them “

Comment

Originally posted by chris810 View Post
            So thats all but 1 then😀

my head says sell

my heart says “ but they are my babies and they love me how can i do this to them “
            Of course, of course...But little birds need to fly the nest, and I would happily continue to look after them for you.
            And I have no doubt that you'll appreciate the love behind my offer, and the fact that I would not consider anything so mercenary and distasteful as offering you money for them.

Comment

All heart as ever, Harb!

Comment

As someone with several month's worth of horological wristwear, I can but say to you, chris810, hang on to them. They may not all be investments but there is a great pleasure in possessing and being able to look at touch the watches in your collection, even if you do not wear them.

I wore a GMT2 as a daily beater for years (really, a monowatch person) before this collecting thing became a hobby, and now there is no way I can wear all my watches. But I bought them all for various reasons, and I have kept them for the same reasons.

Comment

Michael, you don't have a hobby, it's an obsession!

Comment

After several days of do i dont i the decision is i will sell some of the things i dont wear and buy some things that i will wear, Now i have in front of me weeks of browsing to see what i will get.

lovely !

I will keep the GMT and an oyster royal from my birth year, but everything else falls under been there done that and is liable to be sold, I think yep definatly, i think 😀

Comment

Working...
                    X