Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I should have kept waiting

Hi
    havent posted in a while so I thought I’d rectify. I recently had an Explorer incoming. I’ve been on the waiting list for the 2models I want for over 2 years and got bored of waiting ( the irony of course being I turned both down in favour of other models some years ago when they were readily available) so I pulled the trigger on this

As lovely as it is it just hasn’t scratched this particular Rolex itch and it’s just a little to close to anther of my watches, the Railmaster. I convinced myself the bracelet would make the difference over the leather strap but on reflection I was kidding myself.

So the moral of the story is to keep patient and wait for what you want.

Anyone else have a similar story?

David
    Ps I have tried to upload pictures of both watches, unsuccessfully I suspect

I have been having an urge to go seiko for a while and got intregued with some of their more affordable offerings so i pulled the trigger.

I have just received a Seiko cocktail time from japan, very reasonable price, so i thought i would see what all the hype was about, i had read reviews and seen video reviews and it looked interesting, 40mm so not too big and reviewers raved about the dial. So it arrived yesterday from japan and

Meh!

I dont get it, my datejust with a blue sunburst dial is in my opinion way better, and despite being 40mm the same as my Sub and GMT and smaller than my seamaster or longines diver ( i measured it just to be sure ) it wears really large, so all in all ill have to throw this one back and wait for a high beat or spring drive to get my seiko fix.

so yeh keep your powder dry and wait for what you actually want.

you gets what you pay for

i cant upload photos either

Comment

Originally posted by chris810 View Post
      I have been having an urge to go seiko for a while and got intregued with some of their more affordable offerings so i pulled the trigger.

I have just received a Seiko cocktail time from japan, very reasonable price, so i thought i would see what all the hype was about, i had read reviews and seen video reviews and it looked interesting, 40mm so not too big and reviewers raved about the dial. So it arrived yesterday from japan and

Meh!

I dont get it, my datejust with a blue sunburst dial is in my opinion way better, and despite being 40mm the same as my Sub and GMT and smaller than my seamaster or longines diver ( i measured it just to be sure ) it wears really large, so all in all ill have to throw this one back and wait for a high beat or spring drive to get my seiko fix.

so yeh keep your powder dry and wait for what you actually want.

you gets what you pay for

i cant upload photos either
      Glad I'm not the only one who can't post photos.

I'd be interested to see some photos of the Seiko. I've been tempted by several of the cocktail Seiko watches.

Comment

Very familiar story for me. I wanted a rose gold Breguet Type XXI in the worst way, but it was a little over my budget at the time. The initial error occurred in the purchase of a SS/rose gold Omega Speedy Broad Arrow with a brown dial on a strap, which colorwise was similar to the Breguet but in no other respect. Despite the fact that I liked the Speedy at purchase and still do, it didn't at all slake my desire for the Breguet.

At this point however the story really goes down a precipitous, rocky path, as I then compounded the original error by buying the white dialed, rose gold Breguet Type XX (a mistake previously relayed in torturous detail here: https://www.newturfers.com/vb/forum/...mistakes/page2) that I'm now having difficulty selling. The result is that I still want a RG Type XXI, but I'd have to get rid of both the Omega and the Type XX to do so, which is not likely without taking a bath on both.

Comment

Not to put the boot in but the Breguet RG type XXI is a peach of a watch, makes me smile every time I wear mine.
          Case finish is amazing and nothing like anything else I own. Noticeable wrist presence but not in a Hublot flashy way.
          well worth the wait

Comment

Working...
          X