Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Ernest Jones discount on the DSSD?

http://www.tz-uk.com/forum/viewtopic...=83964#p867344
    Last edited by Rav; 22nd May 2010, 02:51 PM.

Unless you know the store manager then I don't think you are going to get a discount.
    Ernst jone does 0% over 2 years with the 2k you have got the deposit do it that way if I was you... Do it quick I think rolex will increase their prices again soon

I got a deepsea I love it... Good luck!!

Comment

Hey Rav,

You won't know unless you ask and I suggest that you do ask.
      However, if they don't you're stuck with them because of your card.

Comment

Thank you for your replies gentlemen.

I called the three most conveniently located shops (Westfield, High St Ken and Brent Cross) and they all have one in stock. Sourcing my SD was never this easy!

I'll try one on today and see if it sings. I intend to ask for a 10% discount, which I do not expect to get. Then tomorrow I will buy one share in SIG and wait for the Signet discount card.

A potential stumbling block is using the insurance replacement card together with the Signet discount card in the same transaction, and if I'm being greedy, 0% over 2 years. I'll also enquire if this possible.
        Last edited by Rav; 23rd May 2010, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rav View Post
          ...and if I'm being greedy, 0% over 2 years. I'll also enquire if this possible.
          Don't set yourself up to fail with an apologetic tone about "being greedy". It's your money and the bottom line is that they need it more than you need the watch...sort of

Comment

I heard somewhere that you can also use your Tesco vouchers in Ernest Jones at double face value to buy things!

Comment

Goldsmith accept it damn I wish you told me before my sister bought her hubby a milgauss 1 week ago

Comment

ten percent off is easily achievable

you can get 10% off easy in most jewellers. Negotiate 10% off then as they are ringing it in the till produce your signet discount card(being a shareholder) and get a further 10% off.
                I know someone who got 20% off a day date then produced the discount card for a further 10% and then claimed the vat back when he left the country(was a us citizen) the ad was not happy but they had no way of knowing if he had 2shares or 20000shares and the threat or reporting the issue at a shareholders meeting humbled the AD!
                Last edited by simon_e; 23rd May 2010, 08:22 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Comment

Excellent!
                    Look forward to the traditional new watch wrist-shot Thread!

Comment

Congratulations

Glad you got a good results. I do lovethe DSSD but my girly wrist just too small

Just wanted to go back to the LV in Time2....was that price for real or was it a mistake. Crazy price.

Comment

Originally posted by michael.jaye View Post
                        Just wanted to go back to the LV in Time2....was that price for real or was it a mistake. Crazy price.
                        Yes, this wasn't a typo on my part and was the actual sticker price in the window. The watch was in the most prominent position in the Rolex section. I'm wondering if they received the communication that this model wasn't a limited edition.
                        Last edited by Rav; 23rd May 2010, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Congratulations on your DeepSea! All the trouble you went to and the 'adventure' will make this watch all the more special!

Comment

congratz on the discount Rav...i didnt get a discount because i didnt ask so the gutted!!

rav let us know if the discount can be used with their 0% free...i hope it can for your sake...i be very gutted if you can though!!

Comment

Do Ernest Jones discount on the DSSD?

Its a known fact that these additional discounts can be had.
                              Its very likely that that signet group and rolex moniter our and other forums
                              very closely.
                              they know this goes on and can withdraw as and when.
                              proberly would have been better told after collection!
                              Let's not kill the chicken that laid the golden egg!
                              what do you think?

Comment

Working...
                              X